Over the last 30 years, I have had the pleasure of doing a significant amount of marriage and pre-marriage pastoral counseling and coaching, and marriage seminars. I have been married to my lovely wife, Sherry, since 1969. We have been blessed to see many marriages reconciled and restored. Of all of the disciplines I have been involved with for marriages, nothing has had the positive results that Marriage Relationship Coaching has achieved. I believe Christ-centered marriages are intended by God to be awesome.
"Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence (respect) her husband." (Ephesians 5:33)
What Does Marriage Relationship Coaching Do?
Marriage Relationship Coaching helps a couple to rediscover the spark and excitement in the marriage.
- It cultivates forward-thinking vs. looking back.
- It presents new listening skills to the couple.
- It helps them to move forward to a positive and purpose-filled relationship.
The main goals in Marriage Relationship Coaching are to:
- Create a confidential, trusting, and safe environment for each partner in the marriage to express themselves.
- Help facilitate conversations that are forward-looking and create forward movement, not backward or past-centered.
- Facilitate each partner in taking personal responsibility for their own decisions and actions.
- Facilitate the couple to create forward-thinking action steps to reach their goals for a healthy relationship.
Marriage Relationship Coaching questions/comments that each person gets to ask/say:
- One thing I would like to focus on today is...
- One thing I would like for you to know about me is......
- One thing I would like to know about you is...
- One thing that is important to me is...
- One thing that makes me happy is...
- One thing that makes me sad is.....
- One thing that I am willing to do to make this relationship better is...
What Can We Expect in Marriage Relationship Coaching?
Marriage Relationship Coaching is for couples who want to move their marriage from a good marriage to a great marriage.
- Progress can be made in as few as three sessions.
- The process is confidential and creates a safe space for communication.
- The clients set the agenda for each session.
- Each person is allowed to take ownership of their own feelings and growth steps.
Added Value to Marriage Relationship Coaching
Insight Coaching STL includes an added value element to Marriage Relationship Coaching. We train couples to become proficient in basic coaching skills. Our goal is that the marriage partners will be able to use coaching skills to continue to coach each other, have great communication skills, make positive forward-thinking plans, re-ignite curiosity, learn to honor their own and mutual core values, and find out how to celebrate wins again. This kind of coaching is for both results and growth. A great sidebar for teaching the couple coaching skills is how they can relate to their children in a new and exciting way through coaching.
Your dream of a great marriage relationship is out there,
SO GO GET IT!
Contact Joel to set an appointment for a free Intake Session.